Here you can download HSK 3 vocabulary PDF poster , a printable word list for developing associative remembering Chinese Characters with tones by using colored markers and pinyin (colored tones mnemonics technique). Important to mention, that remembering tones must be not only visual, but also verbal. By talking about good audio pronunciation of HSK vocabulary, I would recommend Mandarin Corner Youtube Channel
Other files for download:
The posters do not contain the translation of Chinese words, this is an important point for training memorization. If you forgot translation of a word, you can check it in the HSK3 vocabulary table (excel file)
The colored pinyin posters was generated by PHP class, the source code you can check at github: The script takes CVS data [hanzi:pinyin] and then generates SVG graphics. In near time I gonna add customize options in UI of this site. Stay tuned.
The Chinese Tone Changes is not customary to designate, it is not written, but you are supposed to just know the rule and apply it if you say the word aloud.
The reason for this is that in many cases.
For example, if the tone change is written, it can make learner confused as to what the “normal” tone of a character is actually supposed to be.
Also you might wonder, “is this a third tone written as a second tone because it’s followed by a third tone, or is this character always a second tone?” Always writing the original tones solves this problem. Read more about Chinese Tone Changes
When creating HSK3 vocabulary poster, the following resources were used:
- Chinese-forums.com : HSK Lists HKS 1-6 - simplyfed / traditional Chinese charcters, frequency order, pinyin order, *.xlsx files
- HSK东西 hskhsk.com : word-lists.html - good structuring of HSK vocabular, and just an awesome site
- Chinese Tone Change rules - article from resources.allsetlearning.com
- www.chinesetest.cn - official site of Chinese language Proficiency Test (HSK)
- Official HSK vocabulary - xls data base for all levels